Where we are
Blackhall St. Columba's Church is located on Queensferry Road at the junction with Columba Road.
Below is a map of the location of the Church and some basic driving directions for getting to the Church from outside Edinburgh.
It is suggested that visitors coming from the South and East go round the City Bypass (A720) and approach from the West to avoid congestion in the town centre. If you are coming over the Forth Road Bridge continue on the A90 and follow directions from step 7.
- Travel North on A720 [Edinburgh City Bypass]
- At the Gyle roundabout (end of A720), take the SECOND exit (East) for City Centre A8 [Glasgow Road]
- Continue in left hand lane on A8 [Glasgow Road] to traffic lights
- Turn LEFT (North) onto A902 [Maybury Road] past casino (signs for Forth Road Bridge)
- At the roundabout, go straight across, continuing on A902 [Maybury Road]
- Approaching traffic lights, move into right hand lane and turn RIGHT (East) onto A90 [Queensferry Road]
- Stay on A90 [Queensferry Road] until traffic lights at Y junction (just past Blackhall Library on left)
- Move into right hand lane to bear (do not turn) RIGHT (East) to continue on A90 [Queensferry Road] (called Hillhouse Road)
- Continue on A90 [Queensferry Road] until you see Blackhall St. Columba's Church on your right hand side at the corner of Columba Road